Remember that time I started a blog, while on a diet…then gave up on my diet because of my blog… then gave of on my blog because I was super tired from eating junk???!!.
SWEET KRYPTONITE strikes again!
I may be terrible at blogging, but I’m good at cooking, so here goes another recipe…a healthier one 😉 It’s my take on Persian Style Rice, not using any fancy, over priced rice, but run of the mill, cheap-o rice, made quite amazing by a few techniques that’ll up your rice game.
Here’s what I did…
What you’ll need…
Rice (4 servings)
2 Cups Rice
Cold water for soaking
4 Cups Chicken Broth, boiling
parsley/seasoning of choice (for boiling water)
pot with lid / strainer
1) soak rice in water for 1 hr and rinse thouroughly
2) boil for 2 minutes in chicken stock or stock of your choice
3) drain excess liquid then return to oiled hot pot
4) cover with towel and lid, securing towel so it is nowhere near the flame to avoid fire
5) cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour on low, without lifting the lid at all
(note that the rice at the bottom of the pan will be extra crunchy and can be considered the most desirable portion. You did not make a mistake if you have crunchy rice on the bottom! If you don’t like the crunchy bits, just avoid that bottom row of rice while serving)